Tips for successful property rentals
As we prepare for the summer season, we wanted to offer you advice on how to make the most of your bookings and share some simple things that you can do to minimise costs and reduce stress when renting out your property. With over a decade of experience in renting out properties for our owners and taking care of them all year round, we’re the perfect people to give you the advice and support you need.
- Save on unnecessary extra laundry costs by having a locked cupboard or wardrobe in your property – We strongly advise that you have a lock fitted to one of your cupboards or wardrobes. This avoids having to pay for the laundering of your linen, towels and kitchen tea towels that have been used by holiday guests. As well as preventing the guests from using your linen, it enables you to store and use your linen for your own visits. If you don’t already have a locked cupboard or wardrobe in your property, please contact us and ask about how we can assist you with fitting a lock or installing a lockable storage container, and save yourself unnecessary laundering costs.
- Make sure you are declaring your income correctly with the newly updated form – If you earn rental income on a property in Spain it’s very important that you declare it correctly. Please note that the Online Form – Modelo 210 has changed slightly for 2018. Here is the link for the new form – https:/www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/wlpl/OV17-M210/index.zul If you have any doubts on what to declare and how to do it, please check with our rentals team. We offer support and guidance to our owners on how to comply with the rules and ensure you’re not at risk of any fines or penalties.
- Try to increase your rental season – One of the key ways to increase the income you earn from your property is to try to increase your window for rentals, through effective marketing and making sure your property is well set up for off peak rentals. We are seeing people booking later into September and October and these extra months can make a big difference to your income. Christmas is another good time for bookings if your property is prepared and marketed correctly. Check out our tips for increasing off peak rentals
- Consider renting long term – Another way to make good year round income is by renting long term. There is a much higher demand and lower supply of quality long term rentals compared to holiday lets, so it’s easy to find a tenant. We have a specialist long term rental department and are actively looking for more properties, so please talk to us if you want to rent your property long term and read our blog for long term rental tips
- Don’t try and go it alone, trust the experts – Last but not least, the best way to remove the stress of renting your property is to trust the experts. We’ve been offering property management services and renting out properties for owners for over a decade. We have the skills, manpower and experience to take everything in our stride. However, if you’re trying to do it alone, then meeting guests, making sure everything is working, fixing problems and dealing with payments and deposits can be a real pain. By signing up with a property management and rentals package with HomeCareontheWeb you can relax knowing your property is in safe hands and you can simply sit back and enjoy the income.