Key Holding Information
We take the responsibility of holding your keys seriously and have a vault to store them in.
Below are our guidelines on the delivery and handling of your keys in order to ensure they are safeguarded.
We ask that, apart from the owner, HomeCareontheWeb are deemed to be the sole key holder for your property. Any requests for keys to be handed to a third party MUST be done by email, giving details of the person or company who will be collecting the keys, the purpose for which the keys are required and the length of time the person is permitted to hold the keys. The person collection the keys will be asked for some form of I.D. before the keys are released.
There are two ways we can receive your keys:
Option One – post them to us:
- You can print out our address label to send the keys. Just log in to your Owner’s Account Area and click on Update security details for more details.
- Sellotape the keys on to cardboard noting your property reference number and your name; please DO NOT write your address in case the keys go astray in the post.
- We recommend you post them to us by secure ‘signed for’ registered post.
- We will inform you when we have received your keys.
Option two – we’ll collect locally:
- If you have someone holding the keys, we can either take delivery of them at our offices or, for an extra charge, we can pick them up on your behalf.
- You can print out a note for your signature to authorise us to receive delivery of or collect the keys. Just log in to your Owner’s Account Area to find out how.
- Fax the note to us on 0034 951 239 126 or UK fax 0207 504 8055.
- We will inform you when we are in receipt of your keys.
Please ensure that (if applicable) you provide us with your alarm system details along with the contact details of the security company.
We will remind you of the above actions when you finalise your HomeCare membership.