List your property with us and take solace in the fact that your property is our businessGo
Read our Blog
Keep up-to-date with whats happening within the property market on Costa del Sol.Go
Founder of Costa del Sol property management company HomeCareontheWeb, and sister holiday rentals company HolidayRentalontheWeb, Tony Sidebottom announced today that 2014 has been a fantastic year for holiday rentals, with a 35% increase in bookings, compared to the same period in 2013. “This is great news for owners of properties on the Costa del Sol, who have endured a long period of uncertainty with both house prices and the state of the tourism market. 2013 was a really good year for us, yet 2014 has absolutely smashed our targets, with a 35% increase in holiday rentals. We are also seeing signs of improvement within the sector in terms of spending, with villas with pools being highly popular and people on average spending more than they have in previous years. Plus, the current sterling-euro exchange rate is giving UK holiday makers 15% more spending power, which definitely helps. We are delighted to be able to help our owners get more holiday rentals through our important partnership with Novasol who lead the way in Europe on holiday rental bookings. This combined with our excellent position in the search engines and high rate of repeat bookings (due to our great service and extras such as our personalised concierge service) helps us provide important additional income for our property owners.”
The University of Salamanca and HomeAway undertook a study about the holiday rental market in Andalucia, revealing a huge contribution to the local economy and some really good insights for property owners looking to rent out their property. Here are some key points –
- Users of holiday rental properties contributed 1,136,797,769€ to the local economy connected with leisure, including bars and restaurants. This shows that whilst the option to eat at home is a big draw of holiday rentals, they are still using local facilities and boosting local business.
- The two most important reasons to visit our area for a holiday is beaches and countryside, which were almost equally important (43% and 39% respectively) which is good news for owners of properties away from the coast.
- The biggest users of holiday rentals properties are families, who love the convenience and comfort of having a kitchen to prepare food, bedroom to put the kids down and facilities to allow them all to enjoy chilling out together. This is followed by couples and friends, which account for 24 and 22% respectively.
- 48% use the internet to find their holiday property, with 94% searching on a computer rather than a mobile device. We believe that internet searches will continue to grow as the principle means of finding holiday properties as we all become more comfortable with search and paying online. It’s interesting to see that 10% or people still use a traditional travel agency, and we are pleased to have this covered in Northern Europe via the Novasol travel agent network.
- The peak for booking is 1-2 months before (27%) but that 22% book 15-30 days before their trip, with 16% booking 2-3 months ahead and 14% 3-6 months before. Just 4% are organized enough to book more than 6 months ahead, less than those that book 7-15% before and even those real last minute people who book less than 7 days before (6%). This last minute nature of bookings is why it’s important to have someone on the ground to be able to manage the cleaning and change over period and also deal with problems.
We have 11 years of experience caring for properties and managing holiday rentals on the Costa del Sol and can help you to remove the stress, improve guests’ experience and maximise returns from this highly lucrative market. Please let us know if we can help you.